My parking space requires a key, fob or permit to access it, can I still rent it out?
YES - you can rent out this space! We refer to these items as "access equipment". When you list your space we ask if your space requires any access equipment which is where you would select "Yes" and then select the type of access equipment that is required.
It is important to fill this in accurately as it will be critical to having successful bookings.
What is access equipment?
Access equipment is any item that a driver will be require to used successfully access to your parking space, with full authorisation for the duration of the parking session. Typically, access equipment items are:
- Key fob
- Permit (physical)
What kind of bookings can I accept if I have access equipment?
If your space requires access equipment, we only recommend that you lease your space for monthly bookings as we take a deposit for these bookings to guarantee the return or replacement of your access equipment should it not be returned.
Whilst it's not prohibited to lease the space hourly/daily, Space Owner's will need to consider the implications of issuing and collecting the access equipment before and after every booking, as well as the cost implications associated with the risk of non-return of the access equipment which is not covered by YourParkingSpace as a deposit is not taken for hourly/daily bookings.
We work on a 3-strike basis with cancelled bookings - if you have not been able to provide the access equipment in time, a driver will request a cancellation/refund of the booking. If your listing receives 3 cancellations for non-supply of access equipment, your listing may be permanently suspended from the platform.
What if a driver looses or damages my access equipment?
To ensure that any damages or loss to access equipment is covered, we take a deposit equal to one months rent on all monthly bookings. This covers the loss or damage up to the value of the deposit.
If this happens as a result of an hourly/daily booking, the liability is on the Space Owner to repair or replace as a deposit is not held for this type of booking.
Damage/loss during the rental period
If you need to claim damage or loss to your access equipment whilst the rental period is ongoing:
- Purchase a replacement of the equipment required
- Contact us with a copy of the receipt and your bank details for settlement payment
- We will then deduct the cost from the drivers deposit and provide you with a settlement payment
- We will then arrange for the deposit to be topped back up to the value of a full months rent by the Driver in order for the booking to continue
Damage/loss at the end of the rental period
If you need to claim any damage or losses to your access equipment at the end of the rental:
- The driver has to return the access equipment on or before the final day of rental
- If the driver has not returned the access equipment on or before the final day of rental, you have 48 hours from the final day of rental to contact us to make a claim for any damages or losses against the deposit. Be aware that after the 48 hour period has elapsed with no claim against the deposit, it will be automatically released to the driver and no further claim will be possible.
- To make a claim against the deposit, you will need to provide us with a copy of your payment receipt. We will then deduct the monies from the deposit and provide you with a settlement payment
The deposit covers the cost of replacement access equipment only, up to the value of the deposit held. YourParkingSpace will not be liable for any potential lost rental earnings during the time period between the end of the rental and the date on which the access equipment is returned, or the date by which replacement access equipment is obtained.
Please note: YourParkingSpace will not be liable for the replacement cost of access equipment provided for short-term bookings (hourly/daily bookings) as a driver does not pay a deposit. To have the protection of a security deposit, please list your space for monthly bookings only.
YourParkingSpace Office Hours
|Monday:||9am - 5pm|
|Tuesday:||9am - 5pm|
|Wednesday:||9am - 5pm|
|Thursday:||9am - 5pm|
|Friday:||9am - 5pm|
|Saturday:||10am - 5pm|
|Sunday:||10am - 5pm|